Ίδρυμα: ΕΘΝΙΚΟ ΚΑΙ ΚΑΠΟΔΙΣΤΡΙΑΚΟ ΠΑΝΕΠΙΣΤΗΜΙΟ ΑΘΗΝΩΝ
Σχολή: Σχολή Θετικών Επιστημών
Τμήμα: Τμήμα Πληροφορικής και Τηλεπικοινωνιών ( Department of Informatics and Telecommunications )
Είδος ΠΜΣ: Erasmus Mundus
Διάρκεια Φοίτησης (Εξάμηνα): 2 έτη
Γλώσσα Διδασκαλίας: Αγγλική, Γαλλική, Ελληνική
Επιστημονικά Αντικείμενα: Τεχνολογίες Πληροφορικής και Επικοινωνιών,Διεπιστημονικά προγράμματα που αφορούν τις Τεχνολογίες Πληροφορικής και Επικοινωνιών (ΤΠΕ)
ΦΕΚ (Αριθμός Τεύχους): 4500 Β΄2018
Τέλη Φοίτησης: Με τέλη φοίτησης
Ποσό Τελών Φοίτησης: 9000
URL Ιστοσελίδας: https://smartnet.astonphotonics.uk/
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master degrees programme SMARTNET is a collaborative two-year (120 ECTs) joint master degree programme with the goal to provide training in the inter-disciplinary fields of photonic and 5G wireless technologies for data communication, sensing and big data processing. It will be accomplished by leading European Universities with distinctive and complementary academic qualities and strong educational and research traditions, namely:
Aston University (Birmingham, UK), Aston, Coordinator (Areas of expertise: wireless and optical communications network systems, optical sensing)
IP Paris (France), IP Paris, its member institution Télécom SudParis. TSP (Évry, France), and Télécom Paris, TP (Areas of expertise: physical layer of telecom and sensing networks, electromagnetic, nano-photonics, antennas design, microwave technology)
University of Athens (Athens, Greece, UoA) (Areas of expertise: digital signal processing, machine learning, Big data management systems, the security of networks)
The programme complies with the ERASMUS mobility rules. Incoming students will start from any of the three institutions where they will spend the first two semesters of their studies and receive the core part of their training. The third semester will be carried out in a different institution and will include specialization courses that enhance the interdisciplinary of the offered degree. The fourth semester will be devoted to an independent project that will be reported in the Master’s thesis. Students will carry out their MSc project in close collaboration with industrial partners.
SMARTNET has received the strong support of 19 industrial partners, who will provide internship opportunities to students and contribute to their training experience:
Απευθύνεται σε απόφοιτους των τμημάτων:
Admission may be granted to applicants who meet the following minimum common criteria:
- A Bachelor degree in one of the following fields: telecommunications, electronic or electrical engineering, computer science, physics, mathematics or similar. The BSc degree should correspond to at least 180 ECTS (i.e. 3 -4years of study) and a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum.
- Advanced English language skills. Applicants must prove their English proficiency at the level of the following tests:
- IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of 6.5 – no less than 6.0 in any of the four components (listening, reading, writing, speaking).
- TOEFL-iBT (internet-based test) with an overall score of 92- no less than 21 in each section.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) or Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CPA) – grades A-C
The above language test requirement is not needed if you have completed a qualification equivalent to UK BSc degree in any of the following countries : Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, UK, USA.
You also do not need to prove your knowledge of English if you are a national of Canada or any of the aforementioned countries, or you have studied in the UK before as a Tier 4 (Child) student
IELTS and TOEFL tests cannot be older than two years.
Exemption from the aforementioned IELTS/TOEFL language test requirement might be considered only for exceptional cases in which no approved secure English language test centre (check here for TOEFL or IELTS) is available in the candidate’s country. For those cases, applicants will have to provide other evidence of their English language knowledge at C1-CEFR level (e.g. by taking an online Oxford placement test, or an Erasmus English test (OLS), or a university confirmation that they have been taught and passed a corresponding English language module at C1-CEFR level). However, those candidates will not be eligible for acceptance in mobility paths involving Aston University (i.e. Mob-1, Mob-2, Mob-3, Mob-5).
Applicants who have not completed their BSc degree yet, but are expected to graduate before July 31st, 2020 are allowed to apply to the current call of application. However, if selected, to be admitted to the programme they will have to provide a copy of the BSc degree certificate before July 31st, 2020.
In addition to the aforementioned admission criteria, for the available EMJMD scholarships, the following eligibility criteria apply:
- Students are not allowed to submit a scholarship application to more than three EMJMD consortia for a specific intake.
- Students who have already obtained an EMJMD scholarship or an Erasmus Mundus Master Course/Joint Doctorate scholarship are not eligible to apply for an additional scholarship under the EMJMD action.
- Students cannot benefit from another EU-funded scholarship scheme while they are receiving an EMJMD scholarship.
το ASTON University (UK) και το Institut Mines-Telecom (IMT)/Telecom SudParis (TSP) (F)
Fees for participation in the SmartNet Erasmus MSc Programme amount to:
4500€ (per year) for students from Programme Countries
9000€ (per year) for students from Partner Countries
- Prof Sergei K Turitsyn (Director of AIPT, Coordinator of the SMARTNET Erasmus Mundus Programme)
- Dr Stylianos Sygletos (SMARTNET MSc Programme Director)
- Ms Tetyana Gordienko (SMARTNET MSc Programme Administrator)
Aston Triangle, B4 7ET
You can send us email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org