The International Hellenic University’s MSc in Bioeconomy: Biotechnology and Law is designed to develop technological, financial, legal, and managerial expertise and real world skills for students who intend to work in public and private services dealing with the studies, consultation, management, regulation and development of biotechnological products and for those who are already occupied in related areas. The programme is interdisciplinary combining knowledge from heterogeneous scientific fields, such as biology, economy, law and marketing.
The Programme aims are:
- The provision of knowledge and skills based on the most modern and innovative developments in Biotechnology, directly linked to the field of Bioeconomy
- The understanding and implementation of the basic regulatory rules and laws governing the production and promotion of biotechnological products, as well as the provision of services directly related to biotechnological applications in the fields of Biomedicine, Genetics and Pharmacy
- The understanding and implementation of key regulatory rules and legislation related to biosafety issues for humans and the environment
- The provision of the basic technical and economic knowledge necessary to manage and promote biotechnological products and services
- The provision of interdisciplinary education in the field of Bioeconomy, which at the same time allows the development of all the skills required in the modern labor market at the international level