Do you want to work for an exciting international incubator hosting promising startups and innovative SMEs from all around Greece? At Orange Grove you will work with fascinating startups; meet successful entrepreneurs, executives from international corporates and market leaders, investors and representatives of large organizations, from all over the world; liaise with the international network of Orange Grove & the Netherlands Embassy and challenge yourself!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Administration & Operations Manager, with a passion for innovation and entrepreneurship, to organize and maintain the smooth daily operation of Orange Grove and its programs. The Administration & Operations Manager will be responsible for all daily procedures regarding the running of Orange Grove locations, assist in the implementation of OG’s projects and act as the initial contact point of OG’s network. To this end, the Administration & Operations Manager has excellent organization and communication skills along with the ability to be precise and meticulous; maintains effective operations and productivity by developing and continuously improving well-organized work procedures and workflow; implements action plans; processes payments; maintains documents and databases; and ensures that everyone understands and follows the company procedures and policies.
No two days are alike at Orange Grove. So, the Administration & Operations Manager must have the capacity to learn fast and intuitively, needs to take initiative, work with minimum supervision, juggle multiple projects with conflicting deadlines, be flexible and a resourceful problem solver. You really need to manage time effectively, keep a positive attitude under pressure and have a great sense of humour (trust us, you will need it!).
* Manage the smooth and efficient daily operation of Orange Grove
* Be the initial contact point for startups, mentors, media, partners etc.
* Co-ordinate meetings with and among OG’s partners, mentors, trainers, participating startups and trainees
* Manage and follow-up communication with stakeholders, vendors, etc
* Assist the organization of workshops/events/activities (from startup selection processes to bootcamps and networking events) and provide onsite/online support
* Manage and route phone calls and emails appropriately
* Manage the running of the office locations (utilities, office supplies etc.)
* Optimize operations with the use of the right software tools (cloud services, CRM, webmail/email clients, newsletter tools, web analytics tools, calendars etc.)
* Process and report on office expenses, keep records of invoices and make payments
* Organize & update office documents and filing systems
* Manage and monitor contracts and budgets
* Provide administrative support in the development of proposals and agreements
* Collect and organize data and metrics to draft reports, research documents, manuals, etc.
* Organize and maintain an up-to-date database
* Make travel and accommodation arrangements
* Provide support to the Communication & Events Manager and the General Manager
* Previous experience in administration, office and operations management
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Greek
* Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
* Experience in databases, contract files, budget monitoring
* High level of computer skills (including Microsoft 365 and Google suite), project and database management, cloud services, CRM, video conferencing and other tools
* Previous experience in a startup/entrepreneurship, sustainability or NGO environment. Not necessary but a plus.
* Experience in EU funding programmes & projects. Not necessary but a plus.
* Self-motivated and able to initiate tasks without being asked
* Commitment to the mission and getting the job done by being flexible
* High professional ethical standards and comfort with diversity
* Work both onsite and in a virtual environment with little or no supervision
* Operate in a constantly changing and very fast-paced environment
* Evaluate situations with details and facts from several points of view, while being open to direction and feedback
This is a full-time position. The candidate can work from either Orange Grove’s office location, in Athens or Patras. Remote working should be expected depending on circumstances. Travelling around Greece may be required, depending on events / training programs organized at different locations (again depending on circumstances). You may be asked to represent Orange Grove in events, conferences, exhibitions, stands or other.
If you are interested in this job opening, please send us your CV and a short cover letter explaining why you would like to join the Orange Grove team and how your skills & competencies are a perfect fit for this job opening! Please send the above to the email address: email@example.com
and state on the subject line JOB OPENING – ADMINISTRATION & OPERATIONS MANAGER.
Applications will be assessed as soon as they are received until a suitable candidate is found