Αποστολή βιογραφικών έως
08 Μάι 2021
Επιστημονικό ΑντικείμενοΗλεκτρολόγων Μηχανικών και Μηχανικών Η/Υ Θετικές Επιστήμες Πληροφορική Πολυτεχνική
We are a growing group of 130+ talented people, spread over three continents and united by one common mission: To improve efficiency in shipping through transparency and data-driven decisions.
Being at the forefront of a movement that’s leading to a new digital era for shipping, we continuously set ambitious goals that often produce complex challenges and drive us to constantly innovate.
Each day at MarineTraffic presents numerous opportunities to develop skills, share knowledge and have fun. We are an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, one that is fair and honest and gives our people the confidence to be bold, to try new things and to grow.
As a result of our rapid growth, we are looking for a Data Engineer to join our talented Data team. You will be involved in database development projects, with a focus on new products and infrastructure, and deal with big amounts of data, complex data sets and data pipelines. You will also have the chance to collaborate with multiple MarineTraffic teams.
Role and Typical Tasks
- Write & maintain business logic
- Boost data quality, recognize and fix erroneous patterns
- Develop and deploy, following processes & guidelines
- Participate in product development and infrastructure works
- Automate repetitive data handling processes
- Develop internal tools
- Active participation in team meetings and pursue of KPIs and OKRs
- Properly document and maintain delivered projects
- Provide support and foster data understanding
- Knowledge-sharing and open-minded approach
- Similar previous experience of 1-2 years
- SQL & Database development skills
- Develop robust and performant data pipelines
- Experience in ETL design
- Test first deploy later attitude
- Growth mindset, proactive and solution-driven approach
- Have a strong sense of ownership
Nice to have
- Python (or other programming language) skills
- Familiarity with stream processing & container technologies (Kafka, Docker etc)
- Experience with Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Familiarity with geospatial data
- Work in a learning organisation and thriving startup culture
- Huge room for creativity and innovation
- Pleasant and fun working environment
- Private medical insurance
- Remote work flexibility
If you’ve read the description carefully and feel you are a genuine fit for this role, which is both challenging and fun, we would like to hear from you.
Apply now and make your mark by joining a globally recognised industry leader.
Follow this link to apply for the Junior IT Administrator in MarineTraffic: