Αποστολή βιογραφικών έως
25 Οκτωβρίου 2020
Επιστημονικό ΑντικείμενοΒιολογία Ιατρική
The lab of Dr. Alissafi at the Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens (BRFAA) is seeking highly motivated postdoctoral candidates to study the mechanisms of action of immune regulatory cells in cancer and autoimmunity utilizing human and mice experimental set-ups.
Dr. Alissafi is a young investigator at the BRFAA with expertise in cellular immunology and immune metabolism. The research interests of her group are focused on delineating the molecular and cellular mechanisms governing the function of immune regulatory networks that restrain aberrant immune responses in cancer and autoimmunity and block the effect of immunotherapy (Alissafi et al Cell Metabolism 2020, Alissafi et al JCI 2018, Alissafi et al JCI 2017), with ultimate goal the translation of these basic immunological mechanisms into targeted therapies and development of biomarkers. Our research has been recently funded by the European Research Council (RegSign ERC STG2020) and the Hellenic Foundation for Research and Innovation (AUTOREG 2nd PostDoc Grant).
• Identify and investigate novel target molecules from existing or newly generated multi-omic datasets (single-cell RNAseq, Metabolomics, Proteomics).
• Immunoprofiling of human and mice PBMCs and leukocytes using CyTOF and multicolour flow cytometry
• Develop functional assays using gene editing methodologies in human primary cells and mouse models of cancer and autoimmunity.
• Perform immuno-metabolic analysis of regulatory cells
• Apply cutting-edge genomic and immunological tools to generate data, interpret results, create hypotheses and generate novel insights in cancer immunology or autoimmunity
• Present and discuss work internally and at scientific conferences
• Publish in high-impact peer-reviewed journals
• PhD in immunology and/or molecular biology or a substantially similar field
• Previous experience in performing in vivo experiments (mouse models) is desirable
• Experience in handling human samples is a plus.
• At least one first name author publication in peer-reviewed intarnational journal.
• Experience in experimental techniques (Flow cytometry, Cell sorting, RT-PCR, Western blotting, cell culture, transfections, immunofluorescence)
Interested applicants should send a CV, a statement of research interests and the contact information of two references by email to Dr. Themis Alissafi at: email@example.com